Nayan for Prabhu Deva,Thara for his Father!

As if the problems faced by Prabhu Deva on the ‘Nayanthara’ front aren’t enough, it’s now the turn of his father and celebrated dance choreographer Sundaram to face the heat for something which occurred almost four decades back. A case been filed against the veteran choreographer by dance choreographer Thara who has accused him of committing adultery and ditching her many years ago.

Nayan Prabhu

Sundaram has choreographed dance sequences in hundreds of films in various languages. In her petition filed with the Chennai High Court, Thara has said that though Sundaram formally tied the nuptial knot on her and stayed with her for a few months, he ditched her after the birth of a child born out of the wedlock almost 38 years back.

“We got married 38 years back and started leading our lives. He then left for his native place where he married Prabhudeva’s mother. Coming back to me, he said that he had married out of sheer compulsion from parents. Due to my marriage with him, I gave birth to a male child. Sundaram lived with me till four months after the birth of the child and gave me the slip.

“This has obviously had a detrimental effect on me and I toiled like anything. In the child’s birth certificate, Sundaram’s name has been mentioned as the ‘father’. I and my son suffer now with no help forthcoming from any quarters. We have been suffereing economically and request the Court to take action to provide relief and rehabilitation to us. I had kept quiet all these years as I wanted him to live peacefully.

“Now that we are suffering with no help from others, I’m seeking the Court’s help to provide me relief under the law. I want maintenance fee from him regularly,” Thara’s petition ha said. Acting on the petition, the Court has reportedly issued summons to Sundaram

Post a Comment

0 Comments

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();